Avoid bond dispute – when you rent a place to live, generally you will be asked to pay a rental bond, and in Queensland, this money is held by the Residential Tenancies Authority. To receive a full bond refund, you must leave the premises clean, not be behind in rent and not have damaged the premises, otherwise the landlord may be entitled to claim money from your bond.
When you pay your bond, you should receive a bond receipt straight away, this should include; the name and signature of the person receiving the bond, your name, the address of the property, date bond paid, amount of bond paid, and the amount paid by co-tenants, if any. This receipt should be kept in a safe place.
- Get a receipt when you pay your bond.
- The person you pay your bond to must lodge it with the RTA.
- Use an Entry Condition Report to record the condition of the premises at the beginning, take photos as extra evidence.
- Read all documents properly before you sign them and do not sign a blank or incorrect form.
- Keep a copy of all rent receipts and a record of your payments.
- Give the correct written notice before you move out of the property.
- Leave the premises in the same condition as when you moved in and keep copies of invoices and receipts of professional services carried out.
- Take photos of the premises before you leave.
- Use an Exit Condition Report to record the condition of the premises at the end of your lease, give a copy to your landlord.
- Return all keys and remotes when you move out.
If there are any disputes about the amount of bond you are being refunded, you must lodge a Refund of Rental Bond form with the Residential Tenancies Authority to claim your bond refund. The RTA will then confer with your landlord to see what the nature of the problem is and then mediation will eventuate with the amount of bond being refunded decided in these meetings.
So whether you are in Brisbane or on the Gold Coast – we hope this assists you with your bond cleaning questions.
Why choose Really Cheap Bond Cleaning?
Over 3,400 clients have trusted us with their bond clean and have received a bond refund. We pride ourselves on a quality job, so we’re certain you’ll love our service. That’s why we offer a *7 day guarantee, including one free call out. Our bond cleaning service follows the Residential Tenancies Authority’s bond cleaning checklist, to make sure the job is done right the first time. We offer competitive pricing, to ensure your bond cleaning is completed at the most affordable price. Plus, all our teams are reliable, fully insured, police checked and receive ongoing training to exceed your expectations.
If you are located in Brisbane, Ipswich or the Gold Coast and are in need of a bond cleaner, carpet steam cleaner, pest controller or gardener; get in touch with us today! We can walk you through what needs to be done to satisfy your exit condition report and to maximise your bond refund.
Call us to day on 0439 977 484.
*7 day guarantee T&C’s apply