The oven can be one of the most difficult things in your house to clean. That said, it can be done with relative ease if you know the right way about it. Here at Really Cheap Bond Cleaning, we’ve put together a quick how-to on oven cleaning.
How to Do It
- Take out the oven racks.
- In a small bowl, mix half a cup of baking soda with three tablespoons of water. The aim is to make a spreadable paste, so you might need to adjust the ratio as desired.
- Put on your gloves. Spread the paste all over the oven interior, except for the heating element. You may need to add more on particularly greasy areas.
- Let it soak in overnight, or for 12 hours.
- Clean the oven racks while you’re letting the baking soda work its magic.
- Use a damp dish cloth to wipe out the baking soda from the oven. Use the spatula to scrape off any stubborn remainder.
- Use some vinegar in the spray bottle to coat the baking soda residue. You’ll notice a foaming reaction. This is what we want – to loosen up the deep stains.
- Use your damp cloth to wipe out the rest of the material in the oven. You can even use more vinegar on your cloth at this point. Wipe it down until it’s all gone and your oven is back to its shiny original state.
Put the oven racks back in the oven, and voila! The oven is clean.
We hope this guide has been helpful for you. Feel free to browse the rest of our blog for more awesome tips. And remember, you don’t have to go it alone when the end of your lease comes. You can always contact us to do the hard work for you!